Globalization Services Teams
GPI's staff consists of professionals with expertise in a multitude of globalization disciplines. Based on your company's requirements, our experts are selected to form a Globalization Services Team (GST). This team will be qualified to assess and implement a wide range of globalization solutions.
- Account Managers
- Responsible for educating clients about GPI and its globalization services. Collects account and project information from clients and provides quotations and proposals.
- Content Strategists
- Perform an array of comprehensive content analysis, editorial and information architecture services to ensure clients optimize their English and other language authoring, storing and publishing methodologies and tools.
- Desktop Publishers
- Perform any graphic design tasks, including the localization of graphics and generation of client-required output. Work with clients to implement global best practices for multilingual document authoring and publishing.
- Editors - Proofreaders
- Perform editing and proofreading; participate in glossary development activities. May serve on desktop publishing QA and validation teams.
- Provide face-to-face or over-the-telephone interpretation services either consecutively or simultaneously using special equipment.
- Localization Engineers
- Perform any localization (L10N) engineering-related tasks such as importation/restoration of different file formats for translation workflows, code and tag protection, and filter development. Assist with tools, validations and translation memory management.
- Project Managers
- Coordinate all project-related tasks and teams. Responsible for a project being delivered on time, within budget and with the highest level of quality.
- Recording Studio Producer
- Manages all studio activities and personnel, including audio and video production.
- Search Engine Marketing Specialists
- Provide SEM services and consultation which may include global search engine optimization of a client's localized web content, localization of key words lists for PPC campaigns and submission of pages to country-specific search engines.
- Sound Engineers
- Responsible for the full audio path, including matching talent with the appropriate microphone and pre amp, capturing good consistent audio and storing all sound files in an organized manner. Process audio for final target format (broadcast or multimedia), which may include removing breaths, pops, and clicks from the audio performance and applying compression, equalization, de-essing and other necessary audio processes.
- Translators - Copywriters
- Perform primary linguistic tasks, including glossary development, base translation/copy writing and/or editing or proofreading.
- Video Editor / Engineers
- Takes all footage from the videographer and digitizes or transfers video to the editing platform. The video editor/engineer selects the best takes from the shoot and mixes them together for the best performance. Responsible for exporting and compressing the video into required format.
- Responsible for lighting the set, preparing the shot and shooting the talent. Deliver the video to the video editor/engineer for editing.
- Voice and Video Talent
- Deliver audio and/or video performances based on scripts.
- Web Designers
- Utilize various Web design tools to create multilingual Web graphics, pages, and sites.
- Web Developers
- Utilize various Web development tools to create multilingual Web sites, including fully globalized backend systems.
GPI currently has a freelance pool of over 4,200 translation and localization professionals who are both time- and project-tested. These professionals are networked through our Globalization Project Management Suite (GPMS).
All GPI language experts must be native speakers of the language into which they translate. Most hold degrees in Technical Translation, Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, or related fields. Translators go through a three part testing process before they are allowed to work with GPI:
- General translation test
- Subject matter test (e.g., legal, medical, or telephony)
- Technical proficiency test
All translators and translation teams, whether in-house or virtual, utilize translation memory management tools (TM), execute nondisclosure agreements, and perform work in accordance with GPI's Quality Assurance Procedures and Security Policies and Procedures (SPP).
If you want to be part of our team, please check the Careers page for any available position.
- More Information