GPI's Consultant Network
Language and Technology Professionals
All translation and localization agencies rely to a degree on independent Language and Technology Professionals to provide certain aspects of their services. It is impossible to keep translators in every language and in every subject matter as full-time staff.
- GPI only works with tested, native-speaking translators/copywriters/localization specialists who are networked to GPI through our Translation Portal.
- GPI currently has a freelance pool of over 4,200 translation and localization specialists.
- All GPI language experts must be native speakers of the language into which they translate.
- Most hold degrees in Technical Translation, Linguistics, Computational Linguistic, or related fields.
- Translators go through a three part testing process before they
are allowed to work with GPI:
- general translation test
- subject matter test (i.e. legal, medical, telephony)
- technical translation tools proficiency test
- All translation teams, whether in-house or virtual:
- utilize translation memory management tools
- execute Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreements (NDA's)
- perform work in accordance with GPI's documented Quality Assurance Procedures (QAP) and Security Policies and Procedures (SPP)
One of GPI's strengths is that we have worked with many of our core group of translators and editors over many years. We know them personally and they are time and project tested. We have worked with our teams as co-workers, colleagues, and of course as contractors. We know these professionals well and have established very solid working relationships with them.