Basque Internationalization (I18n) can be defined as the process of enabling back-end technologies to function or support the Basque language. Localization, on the other hand, deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Basque-language software application or Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and design.
Some of the reasons for internationalizing are to ensure your Basque-language application or Web site:
- Sorts based on Basque language rules;
- Allows the externalization of all translatable text strings (i.e., separating text from code);
- Handles the different address, time, date, and numerical formats used in Basque.
The process of Basque internationalization may include the following four steps:
- Discovery - Includes the preparation of a Basque internationalization kit and an analysis of the current internationalization readiness of the source Web site or software application.
- Assessment - Includes review and analysis of
- Source architecture and source code of Web site or software application.
- Global marketing plans and requirements.
- Design, development and build processes.
- Current I18N and localization strategies.
- Implementation - Includes the following:
- Externalizing text strings for ease of localization.
- Resolving any currency, time, date, or numbers issues.
- If necessary, enabling double-byte characters or bidirectional writing.
- Creating an I18n-friendly build methodology.
- Preparing an I18n test plan.
- Preparing a localization kit.
- Carrying out training on I18n.
- Introduction of I18n tools and any required tool training.
- Testing - Includes client-driven I18n and DBCS-enablement testing, bug reporting/fixing and regression testing.
For more information on Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one links listed above.
- More Information
- The Basque Language
- The Basque Writing System
- Basque Certified Translations
- Basque Document Translation
- Basque Internationalization
- Basque Localization
- Basque Medical Translations
- Basque Software Internationalization
- Basque Software Localization
- Basque Software Testing
- Basque Software Translation
- Basque Technical Translation
- Basque Technical Translations
- Basque Translation Agencies
- Basque Translation Companies
- Basque Translation Services
- Basque Translations
- Basque Translators
- Basque Website Internationalization
- Basque Website Localization
- Basque Website Testing
- Basque Website Translation