Brazilian Portuguese Website Translation
Brazilian Portuguese Website Translation
Your website must be fully "globalized" in order to successfully establish and maintain an online presence in Brazilian Portuguese-speaking markets. Within the translation services industry, globalization refers to the basic process of creating a website that functions in any market in the world.
For useful tips on Brazilian market and Portuguese language, please check out our blog posts:
- Top Challenges with Brazilian Portuguese Translations
- Brazilian Portuguese Website Localization and E-Business
Not every translation agency is equal to the tasks posed by Brazilian Portuguese website translation, due to the language's many complexities. When selecting a translation company to translate your website, investigate to make sure that your potential translation partner has capabilities in the following areas:
- Brazilian Portuguese Website Translators
Professional, native-speaking website translators who specialize in your company's specific professional and technical areas should execute your Brazilian Portuguese website translation project. Qualified Brazilian Portuguese website translators should be experienced with website translation-specific issues, like proper translation of text in links, graphics, and optimizing text for search engines.
- Brazilian Portuguese Website File
Regardless of their complexity, Brazilian Portuguese website translation projects usually involve many different file formats. Your translation company should demonstrate their capability to translate text from source files like HTML/XML/XSLT, web application files, server side pages, APIs, Databases, CSS, Java scripts, PHP, ASP.NET, Web forms, Graphic files, or FLASH files. You will need to supply these files to your translation partner via FTP server (with appropriate login credentials) or provide some other appropriate means of file exchange.
- Brazilian Portuguese Web Terminology
Website translations for Brazilian Portuguese require translation memory tools such as Trados to translate the text strings that have been externalized from the various file formats. Client-specific glossaries and terminology databases are created by website translators, which become the proprietary property of the client. These tools and databases ensure consistent translations and efficient updates to future Brazilian Portuguese websites.
Brazilian Portuguese Web localization
Brazilian Portuguese website localization
involves adapting the language, appearance, and functionality of a
website for Brazilian Portuguese-speaking markets. While having
your website localized for Brazilian Portuguese-speaking markets,
you will probably discover that your associated print materials
need to be localized as well. Provide your translation company with
appropriate printed documentation and associated applications,
which may range from PDFs, multimedia products such as FLASH
presentations, to web applications such as online calculators or
surveys. To offer a complete web experience to your potential
Brazilian Portuguese-speaking users, all components should be
Your translation company should have solid experience and a comprehensive process which includes at a minimum:
- Brazilian Portuguese glossary and terminology development.
- Brazilian Portuguese localization of graphics.
- Brazilian Portuguese cultural correctness assessment.
- Brazilian Portuguese web translation, editing and proofreading.
- Brazilian Portuguese website usability testing and Brazilian Portuguese localization testing.
- Brazilian Portuguese online quality assurance on the server.
- Client review and approval.
Your translation company will require a localization kit, comprised of information that will enable them to analyze your website and determine its localization requirements for Brazilian Portuguese. The localization kit that you provide will include:
- The current URLs.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop and deploy your website.
- Summary of the website architecture.
- All original graphics source files used in your website (artwork, background, navigation buttons, icons, PSD and AI).
- All the front end and back end files including the Database files in their original folder/file structure.
- All documentation source files (Word, PowerPoint, Quark, InDesign, PDF, etc.).
- All multimedia and interactive source files (Flash, Video, Sound, etc.).
Brazilian Portuguese Web Internationalization (I18n)
Internationalization deals primarily with website functionality,
enabling back-end technologies to function or support any language
and locale, in this case, Brazilian Portuguese. The website
internationalization process is the first step in ensuring your
website's global interoperability. Any language- or
culture-specific assumptions in your website's code base are
"neutralized" during Brazilian Portuguese website
internationalization. Once this is accomplished, your website will
be optimized for efficient localization into Brazilian
You will need to provide a website internationalization kit to your translation company to enable them to analyze your website and to determine its Brazilian Portuguese internationalization requirements.
Brazilian Portuguese Website Testing
Testing is a crucial quality control step in the process of
Brazilian Portuguese website globalization. Your website must be
linguistically and culturally appropriate for Brazilian
Portuguese-speaking customers in order to effectively communicate
with them. Your translation company must use experienced Brazilian
Portuguese website testers and follow a thorough test plan to
validate that your localized Brazilian Portuguese website is fully
Native-speaking, professional specialists should carry out Brazilian Portuguese website testing. The ultimate goal of website testing is to match the performance of the Brazilian Portuguese website to that of the source website. Testing by Brazilian Portuguese website testers will take into account the following aspects of your website: translation accuracy, browser compatibility, design, linking, security, connection speeds, traffic, functionality, and more.
Your own expert users should work side-by-side with Brazilian Portuguese website translators and web designers and track and resolve issues before your Brazilian Portuguese website is launched. Typical website testing phases include:
Brazilian Portuguese Web Internationalization Testing
The source language site must be tested for international support and localizability by Brazilian Portuguese website testing professionals even before translation begins. Brazilian Portuguese website internationalization testing saves time and money by uncovering any probable trouble areas early in the localization process.
Brazilian Portuguese Web Localization Testing
Website testing specialists review a Brazilian Portuguese website in context to check for any linguistic or cosmetic issues after translation is complete. All language-related issues for a localized website or Web application, including currency symbols, locale-specific text, and more, are dealt with by linguistic testing. Cosmetic testing covers all visual issues to make sure that display correctly under various operating system and browser scenarios.
Brazilian Portuguese Website Functionality Validation or Testing
Tests are performed using a variety of test scripts and platforms scripts to validate that your website works properly for your target Brazilian Portuguese-speaking users after your website has been localized. Testing issues at this phase include verification that the website's features and functionality work as they did in the original source language version of the website.
Portuguese Web Content Management System (CMS)
Many types of multilingual web content management solutions support the Brazilian Portuguese Language and website localization, including:
- Ektron CMS 400 (.NET)
- EpiServer (.NET)
- Microsoft SharePoint WCM (.NET)
- WordPress (PHP)
- Umbraco (.NET)
Brazilian Portuguese Search Engine Optimization
In order to launch your Brazilian Portuguese website, you need
to have in mind that multilingual
SEO involves more than just translating the content into the
There are a number of off-page factors that will apply to multilingual search engine optimization:
- Brazilian Domain name: some search engines only refer to your top level domain to show results. This means that if you have different folders (www.example.com/br) for your in-language content, the search engines prioritize the top level domain first to show local results. The best option is to have different domains for the different languages. This is very critical at all times for content updates and website management. Sub-domains or folders in the URL are the best cost-benefit option at the current time.
- Links to the localized version: as with your main website, you will need to start the link-building process for the translated version of your Brazilian Portuguese website. Local links from local domains in Brazilian Portuguese are very important. In general SEO, links are one of the most important factors to achieve success.
- Hosting: search engines look at the IP of the requestor and score locally hosted domains higher than others non-locally. For example, it is better to have your Brazilian Portuguese version of the website hosted in Brazil, but this is expensive and very hard to maintain. There are several combinations of tools and platforms that will help you to obtain better results.
- Search engines: Google, Yahoo! and Bing are not the only search engines. Your SEO Company needs to know the most frequently used search engines for your target locale to optimize all content for all search engines.
- Website architecture: Your website needs to support the different languages and encodings. Many websites have been built without internationalization in mind, so, it is crucial that you have a full analysis of your website architecture by your translation company at the start of your project.
Check our multilingual SEO services for more information.
For information on The Brazilian Portuguese language and translation, please see our information on Brazilian Portuguese Translation.
- More Information
- Brazilian Portuguese Writing System
- The Brazilian Portuguese Language
- Brazilian Portuguese Document Translation
- Brazilian Portuguese Localization
- Brazilian Portuguese Software Translation
- Brazilian Portuguese Translation Agency
- Brazilian Portuguese Translation Services
- Brazilian Portuguese Website Translation
- English to Portuguese Translation