Catalan Internationalization (I18n) can be defined as the process of enabling back-end technologies to function or support the Catalan language. Localization, on the other hand, deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Catalan-language software application or Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and design.
- Catalan Web site internationalization
- Catalan software internationalization
- Translation into Catalan
Some of the reasons for internationalizing are to ensure your Catalan-language application or Web site:
- Sorts based on Catalan language rules;
- Allows the externalization of all translatable text strings (i.e., separating text from code);
- Handles the different address, time, date, and numerical formats used in Catalan.
The process of Catalan internationalization may include the following four steps:
- Discovery - Includes the preparation of a Catalan internationalization kit and an analysis of the current internationalization readiness of the source Web site or software application.
- Assessment - Includes review and analysis of
- Source architecture and source code of Web site or software application.
- Global marketing plans and requirements.
- Design, development and build processes.
- Current I18N and localization strategies.
- Implementation - Includes the following:
- Externalizing text strings for ease of localization.
- Resolving any currency, time, date, or numbers issues.
- Enabling double-byte characters or bidirectional writing.
- Creating an I18n-friendly build methodology.
- Preparing an I18n test plan.
- Preparing a localization kit.
- Carrying out training on I18n.
- Introduction of I18n tools and any required tool training.
- Testing - Includes client-driven I18n testing, bug reporting/fixing and regression testing.
For more information on Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one links listed above.
- More Information
- The Catalan Language
- The Catalan Writing System
- Catalan Certified Translations
- Catalan Document Translation
- Catalan Internationalization
- Catalan Localization
- Catalan Medical Translations
- Catalan Software Internationalization
- Catalan Software Localization
- Catalan Software Testing
- Catalan Software Translation
- Catalan Technical Translation
- Catalan Technical Translations
- Catalan Translation Agencies
- Catalan Translation Companies
- Catalan Translation Services
- Catalan Translations
- Catalan Translators
- Catalan Website Internationalization
- Catalan Website Localization
- Catalan Website Testing
- Catalan Website Translation