Catalan Software Translation
In order to ensure that your Catalan software translation is accurate and fully adapted to Catalan-speaking regions in Spain and France, you must have your software fully "globalized." While the term "globalization" has many definitions outside of the translation services industry, inside the industry it refers to the basic process of creating software that functions in any market in the world.
Not every translation company is equipped to perform Catalan software translation, with its many complexities. When searching for a company to translate your software into Catalan, you should investigate their capabilities in the following areas:
1. Catalan Software Translators
Catalan software translation projects should be executed by professional, native-speaking software translators who specialize in the specific professional and technical areas of your company. They should be experienced with issues related to software translation in particular, such as the proper translation of dialog boxes, error messages, and buttons, standard user interface terminology, and software localization workflows.
2. Catalan Software Terminology Management
Catalan software translators should utilize translation memory tools such as Trados to translate the text strings that have been externalized from the various file formats, resulting in client-specific glossaries and terminology databases. The valuable data contained in the translation memories, which becomes the proprietary property of the client, ensures consistent translations throughout the components, and creates an authentic user experience.
3. Catalan Software Component Translation
Frequently, a Catalan software translation project will also involve translation of related components such as online help and printed documentation such as user guides or packaging. Your software translation company should have the capability to translate text from such source files as Java, VB and ASP, XML and ASP, C/C++, Visual Basic, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and others. Common documentation file types include FrameMaker, InDesign, QuarkXpress, Illustrator, and Word.
For more information on Software Translations, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Catalan Language
- The Catalan Writing System
- Catalan Certified Translations
- Catalan Document Translation
- Catalan Internationalization
- Catalan Localization
- Catalan Medical Translations
- Catalan Software Internationalization
- Catalan Software Localization
- Catalan Software Testing
- Catalan Software Translation
- Catalan Technical Translation
- Catalan Technical Translations
- Catalan Translation Agencies
- Catalan Translation Companies
- Catalan Translation Services
- Catalan Translations
- Catalan Translators
- Catalan Website Internationalization
- Catalan Website Localization
- Catalan Website Testing
- Catalan Website Translation