Catalan Technical Translation
The primary goal of Catalan technical translation is to communicate specific, often complex, information with complete clarity and lack of errors and/or omissions in the Catalan language.
The following are some of the critical skills that translators must possess in order to execute successful and accurate Catalan technical translations:
- Complete understanding of the source technical
Catalan technical translators must have a background in the field in which they are working; this can be demonstrated by possessing the appropriate education, certification, and work experience in a particular field. For especially timely and complex topics of technical translation, Catalan technical translators may have to conduct independent research in order to understand the material fully.
- Proofreading and editing skills
It is important that the Catalan technical translator has the ability to check the original text for inconsistencies, errors, or other issues. While proofreading the source content is not always part of the formal translation process, technical translators should recognize when there are problems with the source material; their subject-specific knowledge thereby serves as a quality control step before and during the Catalan technical translation process.
- Catalan-specific technical knowledge
Catalan technical translators are responsible for adapting technical material for Catalan-speaking regions in Spain and France. This can include altering number, currency, and date formats, adapting information for local regulations, adhering to industry standards in Catalan-speaking areas, and ensuring the style is appropriate for a Catalan audience.
- Terminology management skills
Utilizing translation memory tools such as Trados is one element in ensuring consistent and accurate use of terminology. However, before they are stored, the Catalan translator must first determine what terms will be used; this can be a challenge when there are multiple acceptable technical translations for a term, or if a word has been newly introduced in an industry. The best translators will share information about terms in question with their project manager or the client.
For more information on Technical Translation, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Catalan Language
- The Catalan Writing System
- Catalan Certified Translations
- Catalan Document Translation
- Catalan Internationalization
- Catalan Localization
- Catalan Medical Translations
- Catalan Software Internationalization
- Catalan Software Localization
- Catalan Software Testing
- Catalan Software Translation
- Catalan Technical Translation
- Catalan Technical Translations
- Catalan Translation Agencies
- Catalan Translation Companies
- Catalan Translation Services
- Catalan Translations
- Catalan Translators
- Catalan Website Internationalization
- Catalan Website Localization
- Catalan Website Testing
- Catalan Website Translation