Catalan Website Internationalization
Catalan Web site globalization (G11n) is a two-step process, including Catalan Web site internationalization (I18n) and Catalan Web site localization (L10n). Web site internationalization deals primarily with the functionality of a Web site, enabling back-end technologies to function or support any language and locale, in this case, Catalan. Localization deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and site design.
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based Catalan Web site) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven Catalan Web application), the Web site internationalization process is the first step in ensuring your Web site's global interoperability. During Catalan Web site internationalization, any language- or culture-specific assumptions in your Web site's code base is "neutralized"; your Web site will then be primed for efficient localization into Catalan.
Your localization company should have solid experience in handling Catalan Web site internationalization issues, including:
- Reviewing and analyzing the source Web site;
- Resolving issues related to Catalan address, time, date, and numerical formats;
- Externalizing text strings for ease of Catalan translation;
- Web site testing, including bug reporting and fixing.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Web site Internationalization Kit." This information allows your localization company to analyze your Web site and to determine its Catalan internationalization requirements. This kit includes:
- URL of the Web site(s).
- Any passwords or login instructions.
- Summary of Web site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop the Web site.
Any source code for the Web site including HTML/XML, Web-driven applications, applets, database servers, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, and Web applications such as online calculators or surveys.
For more information about Web site Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Catalan Language
- The Catalan Writing System
- Catalan Certified Translations
- Catalan Document Translation
- Catalan Internationalization
- Catalan Localization
- Catalan Medical Translations
- Catalan Software Internationalization
- Catalan Software Localization
- Catalan Software Testing
- Catalan Software Translation
- Catalan Technical Translation
- Catalan Technical Translations
- Catalan Translation Agencies
- Catalan Translation Companies
- Catalan Translation Services
- Catalan Translations
- Catalan Translators
- Catalan Website Internationalization
- Catalan Website Localization
- Catalan Website Testing
- Catalan Website Translation