Danish Internationalization (I18n) can be defined as the process of enabling back-end technologies to function or support Danish. Localization, on the other hand, deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Danish software application or Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and design.
Some of the reasons for internationalizing are to ensure your Danish application or Web site:
- Sorts based on Danish language rules;
- Allows the externalization of all translatable text strings (i.e., separating text from code);
- Handles the different address, time, date, and numerical formats used in Danish.
The process of Danish internationalization may include the following four steps:
- Discovery - Includes the preparation of a Danish internationalization kit and an analysis of the current internationalization readiness of the source Web site or software application.
- Assessment - Includes review and analysis of
- Source architecture and source code of Web site or software application.
- Global marketing plans and requirements.
- Design, development and build processes.
- Current I18N and localization strategies.
- Implementation - Includes the following:
- Externalizing text strings for ease of localization.
- Resolving any currency, time, date, or numbers issues.
- If necessary, enabling double-byte characters or bidirectional writing.
- Creating an I18n-friendly build methodology.
- Preparing an I18n test plan.
- Preparing a localization kit.
- Carrying out training on I18n.
- Introduction of I18n tools and any required tool training.
- Testing - Includes client-driven I18n testing,
bug reporting/fixing and regression testing.
For more information on Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Danish Language
- The Danish Writing System
- Danish Certified Translations
- Danish Document Translation
- Danish Internationalization
- Danish Localization
- Danish Medical Translations
- Danish Software Internationalization
- Danish Software Localization
- Danish Software Testing
- Danish Software Translation
- Danish Technical Translation
- Danish Technical Translations
- Danish Translation Agencies
- Danish Translation Companies
- Danish Translation Services
- Danish Translations
- Danish Translators
- Danish Website Internationalization
- Danish Website Localization
- Danish Website Testing
- Danish Website Translation