Danish Website Internationalization
Danish Web site globalization (G11n) is a two-step process, including Danish Web site internationalization (I18n) and Danish Web site localization (L10n). Web site internationalization deals primarily with the functionality of a Web site, enabling back-end technologies to function or support any language and locale, in this case, Danish. Localization deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and site design.
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based Danish Web site) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven Danish Web application), the Web site internationalization process is the first step in ensuring your Web site's global interoperability. During Danish Web site internationalization, any language- or culture-specific assumptions in your Web site's code base is "neutralized"; your Web site will then be primed for efficient localization into Danish.
Your localization company should have solid experience in handling Danish Web site internationalization issues, including:
- Reviewing and analyzing the source Web site;
- Resolving issues related to Danish address, time, date, and numerical formats;
- Externalizing text strings for ease of Danish translation;
- Web site testing, including bug reporting and fixing.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Web site Internationalization Kit." This information allows your localization company to analyze your Web site and to determine its Danish internationalization requirements. This kit includes:
- URL of the Web site(s).
- Any passwords or login instructions.
- Summary of Web site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop the Web site.
- Any source code for the Web site including HTML/XML, Web-driven applications, applets, database servers, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, and Web applications such as online calculators or surveys.
For more information on Web site Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Danish Language
- The Danish Writing System
- Danish Certified Translations
- Danish Document Translation
- Danish Internationalization
- Danish Localization
- Danish Medical Translations
- Danish Software Internationalization
- Danish Software Localization
- Danish Software Testing
- Danish Software Translation
- Danish Technical Translation
- Danish Technical Translations
- Danish Translation Agencies
- Danish Translation Companies
- Danish Translation Services
- Danish Translations
- Danish Translators
- Danish Website Internationalization
- Danish Website Localization
- Danish Website Testing
- Danish Website Translation