Dutch Internationalization (I18n) can be defined as the process of enabling back-end technologies to function or support Dutch. Localization, on the other hand, deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Dutch software application or Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and design.
Some of the reasons for internationalizing are to ensure your Dutch application or Web site:
- Sorts based on Dutch language rules;
- Allows the externalization of all translatable text strings (i.e., separating text from code);
- Handles the different address, time, date, and numerical formats used in Dutch.
The process of Dutch internationalization may include the following four steps:
- Discovery - Includes the preparation of a Dutch internationalization kit and an analysis of the current internationalization readiness of the source Web site or software application.
- Assessment - Includes review and analysis of
- Source architecture and source code of Web site or software application.
- Global marketing plans and requirements.
- Design, development and build processes.
- Current I18N and localization strategies.
- Implementation - Includes the following:
- Externalizing text strings for ease of localization.
- Resolving any currency, time, date, or numbers issues.
- Enabling double-byte characters or bidirectional writing.
- Creating an I18n-friendly build methodology.
- Preparing an I18n test plan.
- Preparing a localization kit.
- Carrying out training on I18n.
- Introduction of I18n tools and any required tool training.
- Testing - Includes client-driven I18n and
DBCS-enablement testing, bug reporting/fixing and regression
For more information on Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Dutch Language
- The Dutch Writing System
- Dutch Certified Translations
- Dutch Document Translation
- Dutch Internationalization
- Dutch Localization
- Dutch Medical Translations
- Dutch Software Internationalization
- Dutch Software Localization
- Dutch Software Testing
- Dutch Software Translation
- Dutch Technical Translation
- Dutch Technical Translations
- Dutch Translation Agencies
- Dutch Translation Companies
- Dutch Translation Services
- Dutch Translations
- Dutch Translators
- Dutch Website Internationalization
- Dutch Website Localization
- Dutch Website Testing
- Dutch Website Translation