Dutch Website Internationalization
Dutch Web site globalization (G11n) is a two-step process, including Dutch Web site internationalization (I18n) and Dutch Web site localization (L10n). Web site internationalization deals primarily with the functionality of a Web site, enabling back-end technologies to function or support any language and locale, in this case, Dutch. Localization deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and site design.
hether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based Dutch Web site) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven Dutch Web application), the Web site internationalization process is the first step in ensuring your Web site's global interoperability. During Dutch Web site internationalization, any language- or culture-specific assumptions in your Web site's code base is "neutralized"; your Web site will then be primed for efficient localization into Dutch.
Your localization company should have solid experience in handling Dutch Web site internationalization issues, including:
- Reviewing and analyzing the source Web site;
- Resolving issues related to Dutch address, time, date, and numerical formats;
- Externalizing text strings for ease of Dutch translation;
- Web site testing, including bug reporting and fixing.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Web site Internationalization Kit." This information allows your localization company to analyze your Web site and to determine its Dutch internationalization requirements. This kit includes:
- URL of the Web site(s).
- Any passwords or login instructions.
- Summary of Web site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop the Web site.
- Any source code for the Web site including HTML/XML, Web-driven applications, applets, database servers, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, and Web applications such as online calculators or surveys.
For more information on Web site Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Dutch Language
- The Dutch Writing System
- Dutch Certified Translations
- Dutch Document Translation
- Dutch Internationalization
- Dutch Localization
- Dutch Medical Translations
- Dutch Software Internationalization
- Dutch Software Localization
- Dutch Software Testing
- Dutch Software Translation
- Dutch Technical Translation
- Dutch Technical Translations
- Dutch Translation Agencies
- Dutch Translation Companies
- Dutch Translation Services
- Dutch Translations
- Dutch Translators
- Dutch Website Internationalization
- Dutch Website Localization
- Dutch Website Testing
- Dutch Website Translation