Dutch Website Localization
Dutch Web site localization is the process of adapting the language, appearance, and functionality of a Web site for The Netherlands. Dutch Web site localization projects should be executed by experienced teams of localization professionals who work in conjunction with your Web site designers, adhering to proven best practices for Web site design and development.
If you are interested in localizing your Web site for Denmark, you may also find your company localizing printed documentation to be available as pdfs, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, or Web applications such as online calculators or surveys. It is important that all components are correctly localized to offer a complete Web experience to your potential Dutch users.
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based Dutch Web site) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven Dutch Web application), your localization company should have solid experience and a comprehensive process which includes at a minimum:
- Dutch glossary and terminology development.
- Dutch cultural correctness assessment.
- Dutch translation, editing and proofreading.
- Dutch localization of graphics.
- Dutch online quality assurance.
- Dutch usability testing and Dutch localization testing.
- Client review and approval.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Localization Kit." This information allows them to analyze your Web site and to determine its Dutch localization requirements. This kit includes:
- Your current site URL.
- Summary of site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop your site.
- All files that make up your site in their original folder/file structure.
- All original graphics used in your site (artwork, background, and navigation buttons).
- All application source files (Word, FrameMaker, Quark, etc.) for any documentation available via your site.
- All application source files (Flash, Director, Authorware, etc.) for any multimedia available via your site.
For more information on Web site Localization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Dutch Language
- The Dutch Writing System
- Dutch Certified Translations
- Dutch Document Translation
- Dutch Internationalization
- Dutch Localization
- Dutch Medical Translations
- Dutch Software Internationalization
- Dutch Software Localization
- Dutch Software Testing
- Dutch Software Translation
- Dutch Technical Translation
- Dutch Technical Translations
- Dutch Translation Agencies
- Dutch Translation Companies
- Dutch Translation Services
- Dutch Translations
- Dutch Translators
- Dutch Website Internationalization
- Dutch Website Localization
- Dutch Website Testing
- Dutch Website Translation