Finnish Software Translation
In order to ensure that your Finnish software translation is accurate and fully adapted to Finland, you must have your software fully "globalized." While the term "globalization" has many definitions outside of the translation services industry, inside the industry it refers to the basic process of creating software that functions in any market in the world.
Not every translation company is equipped to perform Finnish software translation, with its many complexities. When searching for a company to translate your software into Finnish, you should investigate their capabilities in the following areas:
1. Finnish Software Translators
Finnish software translation projects should be executed by professional, native-speaking software translators who specialize in the specific professional and technical areas of your company. They should be experienced with issues related to software translation in particular, such as the proper translation of dialog boxes, error messages, and buttons, standard user interface terminology, and software localization workflows.
2. Finnish Software Terminology Management
Finnish software translators should utilize translation memory tools such as Trados to translate the text strings that have been externalized from the various file formats, resulting in client-specific glossaries and terminology databases. The valuable data contained in the translation memories, which becomes the proprietary property of the client, ensures consistent translations throughout the components, and creates an authentic user experience.
3. Finnish Software Component Translation
Frequently, a Finnish software translation project will also involve translation of related components such as online help and printed documentation such as user guides or packaging. Your software translation company should have the capability to translate text from such source files as Java, VB and ASP, XML and ASP, C/C++, Visual Basic, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and others. Common documentation file types include FrameMaker, InDesign, QuarkXpress, Illustrator, and Word.
For more information on Software Translation, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Finnish Language
- The Finnish Writing System
- Finnish Certified Translations
- Finnish Document Translation
- Finnish Internationalization
- Finnish Localization
- Finnish Medical Translations
- Finnish Software Internationalization
- Finnish Software Localization
- Finnish Software Testing
- Finnish Software Translation
- Finnish Technical Translation
- Finnish Technical Translations
- Finnish Translation Agencies
- Finnish Translation Companies
- Finnish Translation Services
- Finnish Translations
- Finnish Translators
- Finnish Website Internationalization
- Finnish Website Localization
- Finnish Website Testing
- Finnish Website Translation