Finnish Website Localization
Finnish Web site localization is the process of adapting the language, appearance, and functionality of a Web site for Finland. Finnish Web site localization projects should be executed by experienced teams of localization professionals who work in conjunction with your Web site designers, adhering to proven best practices for Web site design and development.
If you are interested in localizing your Web site for Finland, you may also find your company localizing printed documentation to be available as pdfs, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, or Web applications such as online calculators or surveys. It is important that all components are correctly localized to offer a complete Web experience to your potential Finnish users.
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based Finnish Web site) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven Finnish Web application), your localization company should have solid experience and a comprehensive process which includes at a minimum:
- Finnish glossary and terminology development.
- Finnish cultural correctness assessment.
- Finnish translation, editing and proofreading.
- Finnish localization of graphics.
- Finnish online quality assurance.
- Finnish usability testing and Finnish localization testing.
- Client review and approval.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Localization Kit." This information allows them to analyze your Web site and to determine its Finnish localization requirements. This kit includes:
- Your current site URL.
- Summary of site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop your site.
- All files that make up your site in their original folder/file structure.
- All original graphics used in your site (artwork, background, and navigation buttons).
- All application source files (Word, FrameMaker, Quark, etc.) for any documentation available via your site.
- All application source files (Flash, Director, Authorware, etc.) for any multimedia available via your site.
For more information on Web site Localization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Finnish Language
- The Finnish Writing System
- Finnish Certified Translations
- Finnish Document Translation
- Finnish Internationalization
- Finnish Localization
- Finnish Medical Translations
- Finnish Software Internationalization
- Finnish Software Localization
- Finnish Software Testing
- Finnish Software Translation
- Finnish Technical Translation
- Finnish Technical Translations
- Finnish Translation Agencies
- Finnish Translation Companies
- Finnish Translation Services
- Finnish Translations
- Finnish Translators
- Finnish Website Internationalization
- Finnish Website Localization
- Finnish Website Testing
- Finnish Website Translation