French Software Translation
In order to ensure that your French software translation is accurate and fully adapted to French-speaking markets, you must have your software fully "globalized." While the term "globalization" has many definitions outside of the translation services industry, inside the industry it refers to the basic process of creating software that functions in any market in the world.
Not every translation company is equipped to perform French software translation, with its many complexities. When searching for a company to translate your software into French, you should investigate their capabilities in the following areas:
1. French Software Translators
French software translation projects should be executed by professional, native-speaking software translators who specialize in the specific professional and technical areas of your company. They should be experienced with issues related to software translation in particular, such as the proper translation of dialog boxes, error messages, and buttons, standard user interface terminology, and software localization workflows.
2. French Software Terminology Management
French software translators should utilize translation memory tools such as Trados to translate the text strings that have been externalized from the various file formats, resulting in client-specific glossaries and terminology databases. The valuable data contained in the translation memories, which becomes the proprietary property of the client, ensures consistent translations throughout the components, and creates an authentic user experience.
3. French Software Component Translation
Frequently, a French software translation project will also involve translation of related components such as online help and printed documentation such as user guides or packaging. Your software translation company should have the capability to translate text from such source files as Java, VB and ASP, XML and ASP, C/C++, Visual Basic, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and others. Common documentation file types include FrameMaker, InDesign, QuarkXpress, Illustrator, and Word.
For more information on Software Translation, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The French Language
- The French Writing System
- French Certified Translations
- French Document Translation
- French Internationalization
- French Localization
- French Medical Translations
- French Software Internationalization
- French Software Localization
- French Software Testing
- French Software Translation
- French Technical Translation
- French Technical Translations
- French Translation Agencies
- French Translation Companies
- French Translation Services
- French Translations
- French Translators
- French Website Internationalization
- French Website Localization
- French Website Testing
- French Website Translation
- Translation French