French Website Internationalization
French Website globalization (G11n) is a two-step process, including French Website internationalization (I18n) and French Web site localization (L10n). Web site internationalization deals primarily with the functionality of a Web site, enabling back-end technologies to function or support any language and locale, in this case, French. Localization deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and site design.
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based French Website) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven French Web application), the Web site internationalization process is the first step in ensuring your Web site's global interoperability. During French Web site internationalization, any language- or culture-specific assumptions in your Web site's code base is "neutralized"; your Web site will then be primed for efficient localization into French./p>
Your localization company should have solid experience in handling French Web site internationalization issues, including:
- Reviewing and analyzing the source Web site;
- Resolving issues related to French address, time, date, and numerical formats;
- Externalizing text strings for ease of French translation;
- Web site testing, including bug reporting and fixing.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Web site Internationalization Kit." This information allows your localization company to analyze your Web site and to determine its French internationalization requirements. This kit includes:
- URL of the Web site(s).
- Any passwords or login instructions.
- Summary of Web site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop the Web site.
- Any source code for the Web site including HTML/XML, Web-driven applications, applets, database servers, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, and Web applications such as online calculators or surveys.
For more information on Web site Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The French Language
- The French Writing System
- French Certified Translations
- French Document Translation
- French Internationalization
- French Localization
- French Medical Translations
- French Software Internationalization
- French Software Localization
- French Software Testing
- French Software Translation
- French Technical Translation
- French Technical Translations
- French Translation Agencies
- French Translation Companies
- French Translation Services
- French Translations
- French Translators
- French Website Internationalization
- French Website Localization
- French Website Testing
- French Website Translation
- Translation French