German Website Localization
German Website localization is the process of adapting the language, appearance, and functionality of a Web site for German-speaking markets. German Web site localization projects should be executed by experienced teams of localization professionals who work in conjunction with your Web site designers, adhering to proven best practices for Web site design and development.
If you are interested in localizing your Website for German-speaking markets, you may also find your company localizing printed documentation to be available as pdfs, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, or Web applications such as online calculators or surveys. It is important that all components are correctly localized to offer a complete Web experience to your potential German-speaking users.
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based German Web site) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven German Web application), your localization company should have solid experience and a comprehensive process which includes at a minimum:
- German glossary and terminology development.
- German cultural correctness assessment.
- German translation, editing and proofreading.
- German localization of graphics.
- German online quality assurance.
- German usability testing and German localization testing.
- Client review and approval.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Localization Kit." This information allows them to analyze your Web site and to determine its German localization requirements. This kit includes:
- Your current website URL.
- Summary of website architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop your website.
- All files that make up your site in their original folder/file structure.
- All original graphics used in your site (artwork, background, and navigation buttons).
- All application source files (Word, FrameMaker, Quark, etc.) for any documentation available via your website.
- All application source files (Flash, Director, Authorware, etc.) for any multimedia available via your website.
For more information on Web site Localization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
You will find the links below to some of our blogs on German website localization highly useful:
- More Information
- The German Language
- The German Writing System
- German Certified Translations
- German Document Translation
- German Internationalization
- German Localization
- German Medical Translations
- German Software Internationalization
- German Software Localization
- German Software Testing
- German Software Translation
- German Technical Translation
- German Technical Translations
- German Translation Agencies
- German Translation Companies
- German Translation Services
- German Translations
- German Translators
- German Website Internationalization
- German Website Localization
- German Website Testing
- German Website Translation
- English to German Translation
- Translation English to German
- Translation German