Greek Internationalization (I18n) can be defined as the process of enabling back-end technologies to function or support Greek. Localization, on the other hand, deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Greek software application or Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and design.
Some of the reasons for internationalizing are to ensure your Greek application or Web site:
- Sorts based on Greek language rules;
- Allows the externalization of all translatable text strings (i.e., separating text from code);
- Handles the different address, time, date, and numerical formats used in Greek.
The process of Greek internationalization may include the following four steps:
- Discovery - Includes the preparation of a Greek internationalization kit and an analysis of the current internationalization readiness of the source Web site or software application.
- Assessment - Includes review and analysis of
- Source architecture and source code of Web site or software application.
- Global marketing plans and requirements.
- Design, development and build processes.
- Current I18N and localization strategies.
- Implementation - Includes the following:
- Externalizing text strings for ease of localization.
- Resolving any currency, time, date, or numbers issues.
- Enabling double-byte characters or bidirectional writing.
- Creating an I18n-friendly build methodology.
- Preparing an I18n test plan.
- Preparing a localization kit.
- Carrying out training on I18n.
- Introduction of I18n tools and any required tool training.
- Testing - Includes client-driven I18n and
DBCS-enablement testing, bug reporting/fixing and regression
For more information on Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Greek Language
- The Greek Writing System
- Greek Certified Translations
- Greek Document Translation
- Greek Internationalization
- Greek Localization
- Greek Medical Translations
- Greek Software Internationalization
- Greek Software Localization
- Greek Software Testing
- Greek Software Translation
- Greek Technical Translation
- Greek Technical Translations
- Greek Translation Agencies
- Greek Translation Companies
- Greek Translation Services
- Greek Translations
- Greek Translators
- Greek Website Internationalization
- Greek Website Localization
- Greek Website Testing
- Greek Website Translation