Hebrew Technical Translation
The primary goal of Hebrew technical translation is to communicate specific, often complex, information with complete clarity and lack of errors and/or omissions in Hebrew.
The following are some of the critical skills that translators must possess in order to execute successful and accurate Hebrew technical translations:
- Complete understanding of the source technical
Hebrew technical translators must have a background in the field in which they are working; this can be demonstrated by possessing the appropriate education, certification, and work experience in a particular field. For especially timely and complex topics of technical translation, Hebrew technical translators may have to conduct independent research in order to understand the material fully.
- Proofreading and editing skills
It is important that the Hebrew technical translator has the ability to check the original text for inconsistencies, errors, or other issues. While proofreading the source content is not always part of the formal translation process, technical translators should recognize when there are problems with the source material; their subject-specific knowledge thereby serves as a quality control step before and during the Hebrew technical translation process.
- Hebrew-specific technical knowledge
Hebrew technical translators are responsible for adapting technical material for Hebrew-speaking markets. This can include altering number, currency, and date formats, adapting information for local regulations, adhering to industry standards in Hebrew-speaking countries, and ensuring the style is appropriate for a Hebrew audience.
- Terminology management skills
Utilizing translation memory tools such as Trados is one element in ensuring consistent and accurate use of terminology. However, before they are stored, the Hebrew translator must first determine what terms will be used; this can be a challenge when there are multiple acceptable technical translations for a term, or if a word has been newly introduced in an industry. The best translators will share information about terms in question with their project manager or the client.
For more information on Technical Translation, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Hebrew Language
- The Hebrew Writing System
- Hebrew Certified Translations
- Hebrew Document Translation
- Hebrew Internationalization
- Hebrew Localization
- Hebrew Medical Translations
- Hebrew Software Internationalization
- Hebrew Software Localization
- Hebrew Software Testing
- Hebrew Software Translation
- Hebrew Technical Translation
- Hebrew Technical Translations
- Hebrew Translation Agencies
- Hebrew Translation Companies
- Hebrew Translation Services
- Hebrew Translations
- Hebrew Translators
- Hebrew Website Internationalization
- Hebrew Website Localization
- Hebrew Website Testing
- Hebrew Website Translation