Hebrew Website Internationalization
Hebrew Web site globalization (G11n) is a two-step process, including Hebrew Web site internationalization (I18n) and Hebrew Web site localization (L10n). Web site internationalization deals primarily with the functionality of a Web site, enabling back-end technologies to function or support any language and locale, in this case, Hebrew. Localization deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and site design.
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based Hebrew Web site) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven Hebrew Web application), the Web site internationalization process is the first step in ensuring your Web site's global interoperability. During Hebrew Web site internationalization, any language- or culture-specific assumptions in your Web site's code base is "neutralized"; your Web site will then be primed for efficient localization into Hebrew.
Your localization company should have solid experience in handling Hebrew Web site internationalization issues, including:
- Reviewing and analyzing the source Web site;
- Resolving issues related to Hebrew address, time, date, and numerical formats;
- Externalizing text strings for ease of Hebrew translation;
- Web site testing, including bug reporting and fixing.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Web site Internationalization Kit." This information allows your localization company to analyze your Web site and to determine its Hebrew internationalization requirements. This kit includes:
- URL of the Web site(s).
- Any passwords or login instructions.
- Summary of Web site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop the Web site.
- Any source code for the Web site including HTML/XML, Web-driven applications, applets, database servers, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, and Web applications such as online calculators or surveys.
For more information on Web site Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Hebrew Language
- The Hebrew Writing System
- Hebrew Certified Translations
- Hebrew Document Translation
- Hebrew Internationalization
- Hebrew Localization
- Hebrew Medical Translations
- Hebrew Software Internationalization
- Hebrew Software Localization
- Hebrew Software Testing
- Hebrew Software Translation
- Hebrew Technical Translation
- Hebrew Technical Translations
- Hebrew Translation Agencies
- Hebrew Translation Companies
- Hebrew Translation Services
- Hebrew Translations
- Hebrew Translators
- Hebrew Website Internationalization
- Hebrew Website Localization
- Hebrew Website Testing
- Hebrew Website Translation