Whether you require Hungarian translation of software, documents, or online material, you need a Hungarian translator with the requisite education, accreditation, professional development, and technical skills for the job. Every project makes different demands on a translator, from technical terminology to tight deadlines. For this reason, it is critical to understand what qualifications are required for Hungarian translators, and their relative importance.
Educational requirements vary, but most professional Hungarian translators have at least a Bachelor's degree and many have earned their Master's degrees. Hungarian translators who specialize in a field such as pharmaceuticals or law usually possess additional educational or professional experience in that field.
Different countries have different accreditation programs. In the United States, the American Translators Association offers one accreditation program. It is important to remember that although a Hungarian translator may not have formal accreditation, he/she may still have the experience and education to be a highly-skilled, professional translator.
Perhaps even more so than during their education, successful Hungarian translators need to develop specialized translation skills in the course of their careers. The more professional experience an Hungarian translator has, the more likely he or she is to have mastered specialized terminology (telecommunications, for example), approaches to subject matter research, and the ability to maintain efficiency and accuracy under tight deadlines. Exposure to a wide variety of clients and project types also increases a Hungarian translator's skill set.
Beyond pure linguistic talents, modern translators need to have proficiency with translation memory (TM) tools such as Trados, Déjà Vu, or Catalyst. Such tools assist translators in managing terminology and repurposing repeated text for added consistency and efficiency. In addition to TM tools, it is helpful if Hungarian translators have a working knowledge of desktop publishing applications.
For more information on Hungarian Translators, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Hungarian Language
- The Hungarian Writing System
- Hungarian Certified Translations
- Hungarian Document Translation
- Hungarian Internationalization
- Hungarian Localization
- Hungarian Medical Translations
- Hungarian Software Internationalization
- Hungarian Software Localization
- Hungarian Software Testing
- Hungarian Software Translation
- Hungarian Technical Translation
- Hungarian Technical Translations
- Hungarian Translation Agencies
- Hungarian Translation Companies
- Hungarian Translation Services
- Hungarian Translations
- Hungarian Translators
- Hungarian Website Internationalization
- Hungarian Website Localization
- Hungarian Website Testing
- Hungarian Website Translation