Italian Internationalization (I18n) can be defined as the process of enabling back-end technologies to function or support Italian. Localization, on the other hand, deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of an Italian software application or Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and design.
- Italian Web site internationalization
- Italian software internationalization
- Translation into Italian
Some of the reasons for internationalizing are to ensure your Italian application or Web site:
- Sorts based on Italian language rules;
- Allows the externalization of all translatable text strings (i.e., separating text from code);
- Handles the different address, time, date, and numerical formats used in Italian.
The process of Italian internationalization may include the following four steps:
- Discovery - Includes the preparation of a Italian internationalization kit and an analysis of the current internationalization readiness of the source Web site or software application.
- Assessment - Includes review and analysis of
- Source architecture and source code of Web site or software application.
- Global marketing plans and requirements.
- Design, development and build processes.
- Current I18N and localization strategies.
- Implementation - Includes the following:
- Externalizing text strings for ease of localization.
- Resolving any currency, time, date, or numbers issues.
- If necessary, enabling double-byte characters or bidirectional writing.
- Creating an I18n-friendly build methodology.
- Preparing an I18n test plan.
- Preparing a localization kit.
- Carrying out training on I18n.
- Introduction of I18n tools and any required tool training.
- Testing - Includes client-driven I18n and DBCS-enablement testing, bug reporting/fixing and regression testing.
For more information on Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one links listed above.
- More Information
- The Italian Language
- The Italian Writing System
- Italian English Translation
- Italian Certified Translations
- Italian Document Translation
- Italian Internationalization
- Italian Localization
- Italian Medical Translations
- Italian Software Internationalization
- Italian Software Localization
- Italian Software Testing
- Italian Software Translation
- Italian Technical Translation
- Italian Technical Translations
- Italian Translation Agencies
- Italian Translation Companies
- Italian Translation Services
- Italian Translations
- Italian Translators
- Italian Website Internationalization
- Italian Website Localization
- Italian Website Testing
- Italian Website Translation