Italian Software Translation
In order to ensure that your Italian software translation is accurate and fully adapted to Italy, you must have your software fully "globalized." While the term "globalization" has many definitions outside of the translation services industry, inside the industry it refers to the basic process of creating software that functions in any market in the world.
Not every translation company is equipped to perform Italian software translation, with its many complexities. When searching for a company to translate your software into Italian, you should investigate their capabilities in the following areas:
- Italian Software Translators
Italian software translation projects should be executed by professional, native-speaking software translators who specialize in the specific professional and technical areas of your company. They should be experienced with issues related to software translation in particular, such as the proper translation of dialog boxes, error messages, and buttons, standard user interface terminology, and software localization workflows.
- Italian Software Terminology Management
Italian software translators should utilize translation memory tools such as Trados to translate the text strings that have been externalized from the various file formats, resulting in client-specific glossaries and terminology databases. The valuable data contained in the translation memories, which becomes the proprietary property of the client, ensures consistent translations throughout the components, and creates an authentic user experience.
- Italian Software Component Translation
Frequently, an Italian software translation project will also involve translation of related components such as online help and printed documentation such as user guides or packaging. Your software translation company should have the capability to translate text from such source files as Java, VB and ASP, XML and ASP, C/C++, Visual Basic, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and others. Common documentation file types include FrameMaker, InDesign, QuarkXpress, Illustrator, and Word.
For more information on Software Translations, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Italian Language
- The Italian Writing System
- Italian English Translation
- Italian Certified Translations
- Italian Document Translation
- Italian Internationalization
- Italian Localization
- Italian Medical Translations
- Italian Software Internationalization
- Italian Software Localization
- Italian Software Testing
- Italian Software Translation
- Italian Technical Translation
- Italian Technical Translations
- Italian Translation Agencies
- Italian Translation Companies
- Italian Translation Services
- Italian Translations
- Italian Translators
- Italian Website Internationalization
- Italian Website Localization
- Italian Website Testing
- Italian Website Translation