Italian Website Localization
Italian Web site localization is the process of adapting the language, appearance, and functionality of a Web site for Italy. Italian Web site localization projects should be executed by experienced teams of localization professionals who work in conjunction with your Web site designers, adhering to proven best practices for Web site design and development.
If you are interested in localizing your Web site for Italy, you may also find your company localizing printed documentation to be available as pdfs, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, or Web applications such as online calculators or surveys. It is important that all components are correctly localized to offer a complete Web experience to your potential Italian users.
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based Italian Web site) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven Italian Web application), your localization company should have solid experience and a comprehensive process which includes at a minimum:
- Italian glossary and terminology development.
- Italian cultural correctness assessment.
- Italian translation, editing and proofreading.
- Italian localization of graphics.
- Italian online quality assurance.
- Italian usability testing and Spanish localization testing.
- Client review and approval.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Localization Kit." This information allows them to analyze your Web site and to determine its Italian localization requirements. This kit includes:
- Your current site URL.
- Summary of site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop your site.
- All files that make up your site in their original folder/file structure.
- All original graphics used in your site (artwork, background, and navigation buttons).
- All application source files (Word, FrameMaker, Quark, etc.) for any documentation available via your site.
- All application source files (Flash, Director, Authorware, etc.) for any multimedia available via your site.
For more information on Web site Localization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Italian Language
- The Italian Writing System
- Italian English Translation
- Italian Certified Translations
- Italian Document Translation
- Italian Internationalization
- Italian Localization
- Italian Medical Translations
- Italian Software Internationalization
- Italian Software Localization
- Italian Software Testing
- Italian Software Translation
- Italian Technical Translation
- Italian Technical Translations
- Italian Translation Agencies
- Italian Translation Companies
- Italian Translation Services
- Italian Translations
- Italian Translators
- Italian Website Internationalization
- Italian Website Localization
- Italian Website Testing
- Italian Website Translation