Korean Technical Translation
The primary goal of Korean technical translation is to communicate specific, often complex, information with complete clarity and lack of errors and/or omissions in Korean.
The following are some of the critical skills that translators must possess in order to execute successful and accurate Korean technical translations:
- Complete understanding of the source technical
Korean technical translators must have a background in the field in which they are working; this can be demonstrated by possessing the appropriate education, certification, and work experience in a particular field. For especially timely and complex topics of technical translation, Korean technical translators may have to conduct independent research in order to understand the material fully.
- Proofreading and editing skills
It is important that the Korean technical translator has the ability to check the original text for inconsistencies, errors, or other issues. While proofreading the source content is not always part of the formal translation process, technical translators should recognize when there are problems with the source material; their subject-specific knowledge thereby serves as a quality control step before and during the Korean technical translation process.
- Korean-specific technical knowledge
Korean technical translators are responsible for adapting technical material for South Korea. This can include altering number, currency, and date formats, adapting information for local regulations, adhering to industry standards in Korean-speaking areas, and ensuring the style is appropriate for a Korean audience.
- Terminology management skills
Utilizing translation memory tools such as Trados is one element in ensuring consistent and accurate use of terminology. However, before they are stored, the Korean translator must first determine what terms will be used; this can be a challenge when there are multiple acceptable technical translations for a term, or if a word has been newly introduced in an industry. The best translators will share information about terms in question with their project manager or the client.
For more information on Technical Translation, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Korean Language
- The Korean Writing System
- Korean Certified Translations
- Korean Document Translation
- Korean Internationalization
- Korean Localization
- Korean Medical Translations
- Korean Software Internationalization
- Korean Software Localization
- Korean Software Testing
- Korean Software Translation
- Korean Technical Translation
- Korean Technical Translations
- Korean Translation Agencies
- Korean Translation Companies
- Korean Translation Services
- Korean Translations
- Korean Translators
- Korean Website Internationalization
- Korean Website Localization
- Korean Website Testing
- Korean Website Translation