Korean Translation Companies
With the expanding global economy, the number of translation companies is constantly growing to meet the demand for translated materials. Korean translation companies are those which are equipped with the necessary people (translators) and tools (translation technology) to handle translation into Korean. If you need Korean translation services, take the time to learn about how your potential Korean translation company is equipped in these areas.
While some Korean translation companies maintain an in-house team of native Korean speakers, some create a network of off-site translators who they employ on a per-project basis. Both models can result in successful translations, as long as the projects are coordinated and managed properly. In fact, drawing upon the skills of freelance Korean translators can allow a Korean translation company to match projects with translators who have relevant knowledge or experience.
Regardless of where the translators are located, the Korean translation company who employs them should require them to meet the following qualifications:
- Education: At least a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent degree, in their language.
- Accreditation: Available through an accrediting organization like the American Translators Association.
- Professional Development: Generally, more experience means more advanced skills.
- Technical Skills: Translation memory tools, perhaps desktop publishing applications.
Korean Translation Technology
Korean translation companies should incorporate translation memory (TM) tools (for example, Trados, Déjà Vu, or Catalyst) into their Korean translation workflow. Such tools assist translators in managing terminology and repurposing repeated text for added consistency and efficiency. Depending on the services they offer, your Korean translation company should possess the latest versions of applications for creating and/or editing software, documentation, online help, and Web sites.
For more information on Translation Companies, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Korean Language
- The Korean Writing System
- Korean Certified Translations
- Korean Document Translation
- Korean Internationalization
- Korean Localization
- Korean Medical Translations
- Korean Software Internationalization
- Korean Software Localization
- Korean Software Testing
- Korean Software Translation
- Korean Technical Translation
- Korean Technical Translations
- Korean Translation Agencies
- Korean Translation Companies
- Korean Translation Services
- Korean Translations
- Korean Translators
- Korean Website Internationalization
- Korean Website Localization
- Korean Website Testing
- Korean Website Translation