Malay Internationalization (I18n) can be defined as the process of enabling back-end technologies to function or support Malay. Localization, on the other hand, deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Malay software application or Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and design.
Some of the reasons for internationalizing are to ensure your Malay application or Web site:
- Sorts based on Malay language rules;
- Allows the externalization of all translatable text strings (i.e., separating text from code);
- Handles the different address, time, date, and numerical formats used in Malay.
The process of Malay internationalization may include the following four steps:
- Discovery - Includes the preparation of a Malay internationalization kit and an analysis of the current internationalization readiness of the source Web site or software application.
- Assessment - Includes review and analysis of
- Source architecture and source code of Web site or software application.
- Global marketing plans and requirements.
- Design, development and build processes.
- Current I18N and localization strategies.
- Implementation - Includes the following:
- Externalizing text strings for ease of localization.
- Resolving any currency, time, date, or numbers issues.
- Enabling double-byte characters or bidirectional writing.
- Creating an I18n-friendly build methodology.
- Preparing an I18n test plan.
- Preparing a localization kit.
- Carrying out training on I18n.
- Introduction of I18n tools and any required tool training.
- Testing - Includes client-driven I18n and DBCS-enablement testing, bug reporting/fixing and regression testing.
For more information on Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Malay Language
- The Malay Writing System
- Malay Certified Translations
- Malay Document Translation
- Malay Internationalization
- Malay Localization
- Malay Medical Translations
- Malay Software Internationalization
- Malay Software Localization
- Malay Software Testing
- Malay Software Translation
- Malay Technical Translation
- Malay Technical Translations
- Malay Translation Agencies
- Malay Translation Companies
- Malay Translation Services
- Malay Translations
- Malay Translators
- Malay Website Internationalization
- Malay Website Localization
- Malay Website Testing
- Malay Website Translation