Malay Technical Translation
The primary goal of Malay technical translation is to communicate specific, often complex, information with complete clarity and lack of errors and/or omissions in Malay.
The following are some of the critical skills that translators must possess in order to execute successful and accurate Malay technical translations:
- Complete understanding of the source technical
Malay technical translators must have a background in the field in which they are working; this can be demonstrated by possessing the appropriate education, certification, and work experience in a particular field. For especially timely and complex topics of technical translation, Malay technical translators may have to conduct independent research in order to understand the material fully.
- Proofreading and editing skills
It is important that the Malay technical translator has the ability to check the original text for inconsistencies, errors, or other issues. While proofreading the source content is not always part of the formal translation process, technical translators should recognize when there are problems with the source material; their subject-specific knowledge thereby serves as a quality control step before and during the Malay technical translation process.
- Malay-specific technical knowledge
Malay technical translators are responsible for adapting technical material for Malaysia. This can include altering number, currency, and date formats, adapting information for local regulations, adhering to industry standards in Malay-speaking areas, and ensuring the style is appropriate for a Malay audience.
- Terminology management skills
Utilizing translation memory tools such as Trados is one element in ensuring consistent and accurate use of terminology. However, before they are stored, the Malay translator must first determine what terms will be used; this can be a challenge when there are multiple acceptable technical translations for a term, or if a word has been newly introduced in an industry. The best translators will share information about terms in question with their project manager or the client.
For more information on Technical Translation, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Malay Language
- The Malay Writing System
- Malay Certified Translations
- Malay Document Translation
- Malay Internationalization
- Malay Localization
- Malay Medical Translations
- Malay Software Internationalization
- Malay Software Localization
- Malay Software Testing
- Malay Software Translation
- Malay Technical Translation
- Malay Technical Translations
- Malay Translation Agencies
- Malay Translation Companies
- Malay Translation Services
- Malay Translations
- Malay Translators
- Malay Website Internationalization
- Malay Website Localization
- Malay Website Testing
- Malay Website Translation