Norwegian Website Localization
Norwegian Web site localization is the process of adapting the language, appearance, and functionality of a Web site for Norway. Norwegian Web site localization projects should be executed by experienced teams of localization professionals who work in conjunction with your Web site designers, adhering to proven best practices for Web site design and development.
If you are interested in localizing your Web site for Norway, you may also find your company localizing printed documentation to be available as pdfs, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, or Web applications such as online calculators or surveys. It is important that all components are correctly localized to offer a complete Web experience to your potential Norwegian users.
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based Norwegian Web site) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven Norwegian Web application), your localization company should have solid experience and a comprehensive process which includes at a minimum:
- Norwegian glossary and terminology development.
- Norwegian cultural correctness assessment.
- Norwegian translation, editing and proofreading.
- Norwegian localization of graphics.
- Norwegian online quality assurance.
- Norwegian usability testing and Norwegian localization testing.
- Client review and approval.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Localization Kit." This information allows them to analyze your Web site and to determine its Norwegian localization requirements. This kit includes:
- Your current site URL.
- Summary of site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop your site.
- All files that make up your site in their original folder/file structure.
- All original graphics used in your site (artwork, background, and navigation buttons).
- All application source files (Word, FrameMaker, Quark, etc.) for any documentation available via your site.
- All application source files (Flash, Director, Authorware, etc.) for any multimedia available via your site.
For more information on Web site Localization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Norwegian Language
- The Norwegian Writing System
- Norwegian Certified Translations
- Norwegian Document Translation
- Norwegian Internationalization
- Norwegian Localization
- Norwegian Medical Translations
- Norwegian Software Internationalization
- Norwegian Software Localization
- Norwegian Software Testing
- Norwegian Software Translation
- Norwegian Technical Translation
- Norwegian Technical Translations
- Norwegian Translation Agencies
- Norwegian Translation Companies
- Norwegian Translation Services
- Norwegian Translations
- Norwegian Translators
- Norwegian Website Internationalization
- Norwegian Website Localization
- Norwegian Website Testing
- Norwegian Website Translation