Polish Internationalization (I18n) can be defined as the process of enabling back-end technologies to function or support Polish. Localization, on the other hand, deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Polish software application or Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and design.
Some of the reasons for internationalizing are to ensure your Polish application or Web site:
- Sorts based on Polish language rules;
- Allows the externalization of all translatable text strings (i.e., separating text from code);
- Handles the different address, time, date, and numerical formats used in Polish.
The process of Polish internationalization may include the following four steps:
- Discovery - Includes the preparation of a Polish internationalization kit and an analysis of the current internationalization readiness of the source Web site or software application.
- Assessment - Includes review and analysis of
- Source architecture and source code of Web site or software application.
- Global marketing plans and requirements.
- Design, development and build processes.
- Current I18N and localization strategies.
- Implementation - Includes the following:
- Externalizing text strings for ease of localization.
- Resolving any currency, time, date, or numbers issues.
- If necessary, enabling double-byte characters or bidirectional writing.
- Creating an I18n-friendly build methodology.
- Preparing an I18n test plan.
- Preparing a localization kit.
- Carrying out training on I18n.
- Introduction of I18n tools and any required tool training.
- Testing - Includes client-driven I18n and DBCS-enablement testing, bug reporting/fixing and regression testing.
For more information on Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Polish Language
- The Polish Writing System
- Polish Certified Translations
- Polish Document Translation
- Polish Internationalization
- Polish Localization
- Polish Medical Translations
- Polish Software Internationalization
- Polish Software Localization
- Polish Software Testing
- Polish Software Translation
- Polish Technical Translation
- Polish Technical Translations
- Polish Translation Agencies
- Polish Translation Companies
- Polish Translation Services
- Polish Translations
- Polish Translators
- Polish Website Internationalization
- Polish Website Localization
- Polish Website Testing
- Polish Website Translation