Polish Technical Translation
The primary goal of Polish technical translation is to communicate specific, often complex, information with complete clarity and lack of errors and/or omissions in Polish.
The following are some of the critical skills that translators must possess in order to execute successful and accurate Polish technical translations:
- Complete understanding of the source technical
Polish technical translators must have a background in the field in which they are working; this can be demonstrated by possessing the appropriate education, certification, and work experience in a particular field. For especially timely and complex topics of technical translation, Polish technical translators may have to conduct independent research in order to understand the material fully.
- Proofreading and editing skills
It is important that the Polish technical translator has the ability to check the original text for inconsistencies, errors, or other issues. While proofreading the source content is not always part of the formal translation process, technical translators should recognize when there are problems with the source material; their subject-specific knowledge thereby serves as a quality control step before and during the Polish technical translation process.
- Polish-specific technical knowledge
Polish technical translators are responsible for adapting technical material for Poland. This can include altering number, currency, and date formats, adapting information for local regulations, adhering to industry standards in Polish-speaking areas, and ensuring the style is appropriate for a Polish audience.
- Terminology management skills
Utilizing translation memory tools such as Trados is one element in ensuring consistent and accurate use of terminology. However, before they are stored, the Polish translator must first determine what terms will be used; this can be a challenge when there are multiple acceptable technical translations for a term, or if a word has been newly introduced in an industry. The best translators will share information about terms in question with their project manager or the client.
For more information on Technical translations, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Polish Language
- The Polish Writing System
- Polish Certified Translations
- Polish Document Translation
- Polish Internationalization
- Polish Localization
- Polish Medical Translations
- Polish Software Internationalization
- Polish Software Localization
- Polish Software Testing
- Polish Software Translation
- Polish Technical Translation
- Polish Technical Translations
- Polish Translation Agencies
- Polish Translation Companies
- Polish Translation Services
- Polish Translations
- Polish Translators
- Polish Website Internationalization
- Polish Website Localization
- Polish Website Testing
- Polish Website Translation