Portuguese Website Internationalization
Portuguese Web site globalization (G11n) is a two-step process, including Portuguese Web site internationalization (I18n) and Portuguese Web site localization (L10n). Web site internationalization deals primarily with the functionality of a Web site, enabling back-end technologies to function or support any language and locale, in this case, Portuguese. Localization deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and site design.
- Portuguese software internationalization
- Portuguese internationalization
- Portuguese Web site localization
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based Portuguese Web site) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven Portuguese Web application), the Web site internationalization process is the first step in ensuring your Web site's global interoperability. During Portuguese Web site internationalization, any language- or culture-specific assumptions in your Web site's code base is "neutralized"; your Web site will then be primed for efficient localization into Portuguese.
- Reviewing and analyzing the source Web site;
- Resolving issues related to Portuguese address, time, date, and numerical formats;
- Externalizing text strings for ease of Portuguese translation;
- Web site testing, including bug reporting and fixing.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Web site Internationalization Kit." This information allows your localization company to analyze your Web site and to determine its Portuguese internationalization requirements. This kit includes:
- URL of the Web site(s).
- Any passwords or login instructions.
- Summary of Web site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop the Web site.
- Any source code for the Web site including HTML/XML, Web-driven applications, applets, database servers, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, and Web applications such as online calculators or surveys.
For more information on Web site Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Portuguese Language
- The Portuguese Writing System
- Portuguese Certified Translations
- Portuguese Document Translation
- Portuguese Internationalization
- Portuguese Localization
- Portuguese Medical Translations
- Portuguese Software Internationalization
- Portuguese Software Localization
- Portuguese Software Testing
- Portuguese Software Translation
- Portuguese Technical Translation
- Portuguese Technical Translations
- Portuguese Translation Agencies
- Portuguese Translation Companies
- Portuguese Translation Services
- Portuguese Translations
- Portuguese Translators
- Portuguese Website Internationalization
- Portuguese Website Localization
- Portuguese Website Testing
- Portuguese Website Translation