Russian Document Translation
Russian Document Translation
Russian document translation refers to the translation of printed materials such as user guides, ebooks, guide books, marketing brochures, medical inserts, financial information, and more. This process may include Russian desktop publishing, which involves maintaining the formatting specifications of the source documents.
Different industries generate different types of documentation, and each presents unique challenges when translating. For example, software translation often involves translation of associated collateral, including user guides, packaging, and marketing materials. The medical industry, on the other hand, requires multilingual inserts and labeling which must be meticulously translated and formatted to ensure accuracy and compliance with international regulations.
The first step in Russian document translation is to review the source documentation for the number of words, subject matter and formatting requirements. The source document should then be imported into a translation memory tool such as Trados, which the human translation team will use in order to manage terminology, facilitate consistent translation across all documents, and leverage cost savings by utilizing the translation memory on 100% matches and repeat text. After translation, if formatting is required, the Russian text is imported into a desktop publishing application in order to be formatted to match the original source document.
The company you choose for Russian document translation will require various files and information before proceeding with your project. You should provide all source desktop publishing files (for example, .indd, .ai, .psd, .qxd, .tif, .docx, .pdf, and .fm), fonts, and graphics used in the documentation. You should also indicate any graphics or text which are not to be translated (for example, logos).
Whether your project is simple (such as a short, single-language fact sheet) or complex (such as a frequently-updated, multilingual user guide), your translation company should have solid experience and a comprehensive process which includes at a minimum:
- Source file review, analysis and preparation
- Project kick-off meeting
- Format, edit and proofread all text
- Format, edit and proofread all graphics
- Client review and approval
- Final QA
For more infomration, please check out our resources and blog posts that are particularly relevant:
- Challenges with Russian Marketing Translation
- Russian Translation for Hotels: Frequently Asked Questions
Globalization Partners International has created a more extensive overview of globalizing websites for Russian consumers in a white paper, Website Globalization and E-Business Russia, which is available via a free download in PDF format.
For more information on translation services for Russian markets, please check our translation services in Russia page or feel free tell us about your requirements via our request a translation quote page.
- More Information
- The Russian Language
- The Russian Writing System
- Russian Certified Translations
- Russian Document Translation
- Russian Internationalization
- Russian Localization
- Russian Medical Translations
- Russian Software Internationalization
- Russian Software Localization
- Russian Software Testing
- Russian Software Translation
- Russian Technical Translation
- Russian Technical Translations
- Russian Translation Agencies
- Russian Translation Companies
- Russian Translation Services
- Russian Translations
- Russian Translators
- Russian Website Internationalization
- Russian Website Localization
- Russian Website Testing
- Russian Website Translation