Russian Technical Translation
The primary goal of Russian technical translation is to communicate specific, often complex, information with complete clarity and lack of errors and/or omissions in Russian.
The following are some of the critical skills that translators must possess in order to execute successful and accurate Russian technical translations:
- Complete understanding of the source technical
Russian technical translators must have a background in the field in which they are working; this can be demonstrated by possessing the appropriate education, certification, and work experience in a particular field. For especially timely and complex topics of technical translation, Russian technical translators may have to conduct independent research in order to understand the material fully.
- Proofreading and editing skills
It is important that the Russian technical translator has the ability to check the original text for inconsistencies, errors, or other issues. While proofreading the source content is not always part of the formal translation process, technical translators should recognize when there are problems with the source material; their subject-specific knowledge thereby serves as a quality control step before and during the Russian technical translation process.
- Russian-specific technical knowledge
Russian technical translators are responsible for adapting technical material for Russia. This can include altering number, currency, and date formats, adapting information for local regulations, adhering to industry standards in Russian-speaking areas, and ensuring the style is appropriate for a Russian audience.
- Terminology management skills
Utilizing translation memory tools such as Trados is one element in ensuring consistent and accurate use of terminology. However, before they are stored, the Russian translator must first determine what terms will be used; this can be a challenge when there are multiple acceptable technical translations for a term, or if a word has been newly introduced in an industry. The best translators will share information about terms in question with their project manager or the client.
For more information on Technical translations, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Russian Language
- The Russian Writing System
- Russian Certified Translations
- Russian Document Translation
- Russian Internationalization
- Russian Localization
- Russian Medical Translations
- Russian Software Internationalization
- Russian Software Localization
- Russian Software Testing
- Russian Software Translation
- Russian Technical Translation
- Russian Technical Translations
- Russian Translation Agencies
- Russian Translation Companies
- Russian Translation Services
- Russian Translations
- Russian Translators
- Russian Website Internationalization
- Russian Website Localization
- Russian Website Testing
- Russian Website Translation