Russian Translation Companies
With the expanding global economy, the number of translation companies is constantly growing to meet the demand for translated materials. Russian translation companies are those which are equipped with the necessary people (translators) and tools (translation technology) to handle translation into Russian. If you need Russian translation services, take the time to learn about how your potential Russian translation company is equipped in these areas.
While some Russian translation companies maintain an in-house team of native Russian speakers, some create a network of off-site translators who they employ on a per-project basis. Both models can result in successful translations, as long as the projects are coordinated and managed properly. In fact, drawing upon the skills of freelance Russian translators can allow a Russian translation company to match projects with translators who have relevant knowledge or experience.
Regardless of where the translators are located, the Russian translation company who employs them should require them to meet the following qualifications:
- Education: At least a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent degree, in their language.
- Accreditation: Available through an accrediting organization like the American Translators Association.
- Professional Development: Generally, more experience means more advanced skills.
- Technical Skills: Translation memory tools, perhaps desktop publishing applications.
Russian Translation Technology
Russian translation companies should incorporate translation memory (TM) tools (for example, Trados, Déjà Vu, or Catalyst) into their Russian translation workflow. Such tools assist translators in managing terminology and repurposing repeated text for added consistency and efficiency. Depending on the services they offer, your Russian translation company should possess the latest versions of applications for creating and/or editing software, documentation, online help, and Web sites.
For more infomration, please check out our resources and blog posts that are particularly relevant:
- Challenges with Russian Marketing Translation
- Russian Translation for Hotels: Frequently Asked Questions
Globalization Partners International has created a more extensive overview of globalizing websites for Russian consumers in a white paper, Website Globalization and E-Business Russia, which is available via a free download in PDF format.
For more information on translation services for Russian markets, please check our translation services in Russia page or feel free tell us about your requirements via our request a translation quote page.
- More Information
- The Russian Language
- The Russian Writing System
- Russian Certified Translations
- Russian Document Translation
- Russian Internationalization
- Russian Localization
- Russian Medical Translations
- Russian Software Internationalization
- Russian Software Localization
- Russian Software Testing
- Russian Software Translation
- Russian Technical Translation
- Russian Technical Translations
- Russian Translation Agencies
- Russian Translation Companies
- Russian Translation Services
- Russian Translations
- Russian Translators
- Russian Website Internationalization
- Russian Website Localization
- Russian Website Testing
- Russian Website Translation