Slovenian Software Localization
Slovenian software localization is the process of adapting the language, appearance, and functionality of a software application for Slovenia. Slovenian software localization projects should be executed by experienced teams of localization professionals who work in conjunction with your software development group, ensuring that best practices for global software development are followed.
To make your software relevant for Slovenia, all of its components should be localized. This includes the user interface, online help, databases, graphics, and documentation. It is important that all components are correctly localized and rigorously tested to ensure the resulting Slovenian software is linguistically, culturally, cosmetically, and functionally correct.
A Slovenian localization company should have solid experience and a comprehensive localization methodology, which includes at a minimum:
- Slovenian localization kit review, analysis, and preparation.
- Slovenian glossary and terminology development.
- Slovenian cultural correctness assessment.
- Slovenian translation, editing, and proofreading of the user interface, help, and documentation content.
- Slovenian graphics localization, dialog resizing, and screen capturing.
- Slovenian software build capability.
- Slovenian online quality assurance.
- Slovenian usability, localization, and functionality testing.
- Client review and approval.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Slovenian Localization Kit." This information allows the localization company to analyze your software and to determine its Slovenian localization requirements. The kit includes:
- All files in your development environment, specifically resource files (for example, RC, RC2, DLG, H, HH, CPP, EXE, DLL, and graphic file formats).
- All documentation source files (for example, FrameMaker or Word).
- All online help source files (for example, graphics, RTF, VBS, HTML, CNT/HHX/HHC).
- Reference material (glossaries, past translations, style guides, etc.).
- File names and types, including an explanation of each file's purpose.
- The name and version of development, documentation, and online help authoring tools.
- The location (directories/files) of any hard-coded literals which are in the user interface.
- Original files of any third-party applications/components used.
- Detailed build instructions (if applicable).
- Test plan and test scripts (if applicable).
For more information on Software Localization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Slovenian Language
- The Slovenian Writing System
- Slovenian Certified Translations
- Slovenian Document Translation
- Slovenian Internationalization
- Slovenian Localization
- Slovenian Medical Translations
- Slovenian Software Internationalization
- Slovenian Software Localization
- Slovenian Software Testing
- Slovenian Software Translation
- Slovenian Technical Translation
- Slovenian Technical Translations
- Slovenian Translation Agencies
- Slovenian Translation Companies
- Slovenian Translation Services
- Slovenian Translations
- Slovenian Translators
- Slovenian Website Internationalization
- Slovenian Website Localization
- Slovenian Website Testing
- Slovenian Website Translation