Slovenian Technical Translation
The primary goal of Slovenian technical translation is to communicate specific, often complex, information with complete clarity and lack of errors and/or omissions in Slovenian.
The following are some of the critical skills that translators must possess in order to execute successful and accurate Slovenian technical translations:
- Complete understanding of the source technical
Slovenian technical translators must have a background in the field in which they are working; this can be demonstrated by possessing the appropriate education, certification, and work experience in a particular field. For especially timely and complex topics of technical translation, Slovenian technical translators may have to conduct independent research in order to understand the material fully.
- Proofreading and editing skills
It is important that the Slovenian technical translator has the ability to check the original text for inconsistencies, errors, or other issues. While proofreading the source content is not always part of the formal translation process, technical translators should recognize when there are problems with the source material; their subject-specific knowledge thereby serves as a quality control step before and during the Slovenian technical translation process.
- Slovenian-specific technical knowledge
Slovenian technical translators are responsible for adapting technical material for Slovenia. This can include altering number, currency, and date formats, adapting information for local regulations, adhering to industry standards in Slovenian-speaking areas, and ensuring the style is appropriate for a Slovenian audience.
- Terminology management skills
Utilizing translation memory tools such as Trados is one element in ensuring consistent and accurate use of terminology. However, before they are stored, the Slovenian translator must first determine what terms will be used; this can be a challenge when there are multiple acceptable technical translations for a term, or if a word has been newly introduced in an industry. The best translators will share information about terms in question with their project manager or the client.
For more information on Technical translations, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Slovenian Language
- The Slovenian Writing System
- Slovenian Certified Translations
- Slovenian Document Translation
- Slovenian Internationalization
- Slovenian Localization
- Slovenian Medical Translations
- Slovenian Software Internationalization
- Slovenian Software Localization
- Slovenian Software Testing
- Slovenian Software Translation
- Slovenian Technical Translation
- Slovenian Technical Translations
- Slovenian Translation Agencies
- Slovenian Translation Companies
- Slovenian Translation Services
- Slovenian Translations
- Slovenian Translators
- Slovenian Website Internationalization
- Slovenian Website Localization
- Slovenian Website Testing
- Slovenian Website Translation