Swedish Internationalization (I18n) can be defined as the process of enabling back-end technologies to function or support Swedish. Localization, on the other hand, deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Swedish software application or Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and design.
- Swedish Web site internationalization
- Swedish software internationalization
- Translation into Swedish
Some of the reasons for internationalizing are to ensure your Swedish application or Web site:
- Sorts based on Swedish rules;
- Allows the externalization of all translatable text strings (i.e., separating text from code);
- Handles the different address, time, date, and numerical formats used in Swedish.
The process of Swedish internationalization may include the following four steps:
- Discovery - Includes the preparation of a Swedish internationalization kit and an analysis of the current internationalization readiness of the source Web site or software application.
- Assessment - Includes review and analysis of
- Source architecture and source code of Web site or software application.
- Global marketing plans and requirements.
- Design, development and build processes.
- Current I18N and localization strategies.
- Implementation - Includes the following:
- Externalizing text strings for ease of localization.
- Resolving any currency, time, date, or numbers issues.
- Enabling double-byte characters or bidirectional writing.
- Creating an I18n-friendly build methodology.
- Preparing an I18n test plan.
- Preparing a localization kit.
- Carrying out training on I18n.
- Introduction of I18n tools and any required tool training.
- Testing - Includes client-driven I18n and
DBCS-enablement testing, bug reporting/fixing and regression
For more information on Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Swedish Language
- The Swedish Writing System
- Swedish Certified Translations
- Swedish Document Translation
- Swedish Internationalization
- Swedish Localization
- Swedish Medical Translations
- Swedish Software Internationalization
- Swedish Software Localization
- Swedish Software Testing
- Swedish Software Translation
- Swedish Technical Translation
- Swedish Technical Translations
- Swedish Translation Agencies
- Swedish Translation Companies
- Swedish Translation Services
- Swedish Translators
- Swedish Website Internationalization
- Swedish Website Localization
- Swedish Website Testing
- Swedish Website Translation
- Swedish Translations