Swedish Website Internationalization
Swedish Web site globalization (G11n) is a two-step process, including Swedish Web site internationalization (I18n) and Swedish Web site localization (L10n). Web site internationalization deals primarily with the functionality of a Web site, enabling back-end technologies to function or support any language and locale, in this case, Swedish. Localization deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and site design.
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based Swedish Web site) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven Swedish Web application), the Web site internationalization process is the first step in ensuring your Web site's global interoperability. During Swedish Web site internationalization, any language- or culture-specific assumptions in your Web site's code base is "neutralized"; your Web site will then be primed for efficient localization into Swedish.
Your localization company should have solid experience in handling Swedish Web site internationalization issues, including:
- Reviewing and analyzing the source Web site;
- Resolving issues related to Swedish address, time, date, and numerical formats;
- Externalizing text strings for ease of Swedish translation;
- Web site testing, including bug reporting and fixing.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Web site Internationalization Kit." This information allows your localization company to analyze your Web site and to determine its Swedish internationalization requirements. This kit includes:
- URL of the Web site(s).
- Any passwords or login instructions.
- Summary of Web site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop the Web site.
- Any source code for the Web site including HTML/XML, Web-driven applications, applets, database servers, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, and Web applications such as online calculators or surveys.
For more information on Web site Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Swedish Language
- The Swedish Writing System
- Swedish Certified Translations
- Swedish Document Translation
- Swedish Internationalization
- Swedish Localization
- Swedish Medical Translations
- Swedish Software Internationalization
- Swedish Software Localization
- Swedish Software Testing
- Swedish Software Translation
- Swedish Technical Translation
- Swedish Technical Translations
- Swedish Translation Agencies
- Swedish Translation Companies
- Swedish Translation Services
- Swedish Translators
- Swedish Website Internationalization
- Swedish Website Localization
- Swedish Website Testing
- Swedish Website Translation
- Swedish Translations