Marina Bay Sands
About the Project
Design, develop and deploy a new multilingual web presence driven by a content management system for the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore.
Marina Bay Sands opened in April with a opening celebration in June 2010 and is set to become a premier entertainment destination in Singapore and beyond, with its vibrant diversity of attractions and facilities. The vision was to build an integrated development that is timeless, a landmark that possesses a distinct identity which will distinguish Singapore from other cities.
The property's web presence needed to be just as distinct and inspiring. The site needed to be available in seven relevant languages and be easily found in search engines by potential customers around the world.
- To assess Marina Bay Sands' existing website, its effective product display, existing reusable assets and architecture.
- To consider website design best practices, requirements and essentials, and form a guide for the redesign of the MBS website.
- To evaluate direct competitor and hotel industry leading websites, and to identify assets MBS require and areas to avoid.
- To devise a timeline of phases for the development and deployment of the MBS website to best suit the needs of the various areas of the property and interest of the consumer.
- To ensure technology and navigation tools selected comply with maximizing search optimization and drive traffic to site.
Following best practices for website design, development and deployment, the client had drafted very detailed requirements for the new site. These were generated from an understanding of the business requirements collected via interviews, focus groups, scenario maps and use cases, and then defined in a Functional Requirements Document which included among other requirements:
- World class user-centric design
- Utilize web content management system with authoring and publishing workflows
- Excellent lead generation
- Search engine optimization
- Non-technical staff's ability to easily add and edit content
- Automated approval processes for content contributors
- Automated translation workflow for language versions
- Subscriptions, web alerts, and memberships
- Site content and design that is search engine optimized (SEO) across all languages
- Site framework that would allow for future growth; new content & sections.
- Schedule content to go live and expire
- Multilingual with the ability to easily add other languages
- Internal search of content and library assets
- Hosting to support 100% up time and traffic spikes during peak seasons and campaigns
- Timeframe: 9 weeks
Strategy and Planning (MBS)
- Develop a strategy for Marina Bay Sands' digital
communication and website platform including:
- Competitive analysis
- Best in practice audit
- Solution for technical, architectural and creative execution
- Meet positioning and branding objectives and guidelines
- Research and select interactive and localization agency partners
Design (MBS, Sid Lee)
- Strategic and tactical analysis and recommendations
- Project management and coordination
- Artistic direction
- Creation of the editorial line
- Creative QA
- Electronic production (video and sound production)
Content Creation (MBS, Sid Lee)
- English copy writing
- Image sourcing and retouching
- Content management
- English content SEO
CMS-Development (MBS, GPI)
- CMS overview and strategy
- CMS development with Ektron
- CMS translation workflows
- Global search engine optimization
- Website testing
- Ektron CMS training for MBS
Localization (MBS, GPI)
- Marina Bay Sands
- Localization and web content management deployment
- Ektron CMS400.NET
- English, Indonesian, Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Thai
- MS Word, Adobe PhotoShop, Flash, Acrobat, MS Project, Globalization Project Management Suite (GPMS-Translation Portal), Translation Memory.