CMS Wire recently published an article discussing the results of Forrester’s newly released WCM Wave report. Forrester’s report ranks Adobe, Acquia and Episerver as the leading web content management (WCM) platforms. Acquia and Episerver join perpetual leader, Adobe, at the top of the list for the first time.
The classification under the “leaders” category is the “strong performers” group. The companies that achieved this ranking are: Sitecore, Hippo and SDL. Sitecore slipped from last year’s leaderboard and Hippo made its first appearance on the Wave Report.
There were 15 WCM platforms analyzed by Forrester, based on 25 criteria, including:
- The content structure and metadata, experience management features, technical product architecture and packaged extensions.
- Preference for Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) deployments.
- The platform has enterprise customers and local operations in two or more major global regions for at least the past year.
- The current Forbes 1000 names the platform as a customer-facing or partner-facing web platform.
- Platform has regional or global users that have supported enterprise-level deployments in the past year.
The contributors for the Forrester Wave are: Forrester analyst Mark Grannan (lead author), Stephen Powers, Danielle Geoffroy, Ted Schadler, Martin Gill, Allison Cazalet and Peggy Dostie.
To read more, please see: Adobe, Acquia, Episerver Lead New Forrester WCM Wave.