Italian Translation Companies
With the expanding global economy, the number of translation companies is constantly growing to meet the demand for translated materials. Italian translation companies are those which are equipped with the necessary people (translators) and tools (translation technology) to handle translation into Italian. If you need Italian translation services, take the time to learn about how your potential Italian translation company is equipped in these areas.
While some Italian translation companies maintain an in-house team of native Italian speakers, some create a network of off-site translators who they employ on a per-project basis. Both models can result in successful translations, as long as the projects are coordinated and managed properly. In fact, drawing upon the skills of freelance Italian translators can allow an Italian translation company to match projects with translators who have relevant knowledge or experience.
Regardless of where the translators are located, the Italian translation company who employs them should require them to meet the following qualifications:
- Education: At least a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent degree, in their language.
- Accreditation: Available through an accrediting organization like the American Translators Association.
- Professional Development: Generally, more experience means more advanced skills.
- Technical Skills: Translation memory tools, perhaps desktop publishing applications.
Italian Translation Technology
Italian translation companies should incorporate translation memory (TM) tools (for example, Trados, Déjà Vu, or Catalyst) into their Italian translation workflow. Such tools assist translators in managing terminology and repurposing repeated text for added consistency and efficiency. Depending on the services they offer, your Italian translation company should possess the latest versions of applications for creating and/or editing software, documentation, online help, and Web sites.
For more information on Translation Companies, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Italian Language
- The Italian Writing System
- Italian English Translation
- Italian Certified Translations
- Italian Document Translation
- Italian Internationalization
- Italian Localization
- Italian Medical Translations
- Italian Software Internationalization
- Italian Software Localization
- Italian Software Testing
- Italian Software Translation
- Italian Technical Translation
- Italian Technical Translations
- Italian Translation Agencies
- Italian Translation Companies
- Italian Translation Services
- Italian Translations
- Italian Translators
- Italian Website Internationalization
- Italian Website Localization
- Italian Website Testing
- Italian Website Translation