Korean website localization is the process of adapting the language, appearance, and functionality of a website for South Korea. Korean website localization projects should be executed by experienced teams of localization professionals who work in conjunction with your website designers, adhering to proven best practices for website design and development.
If you are interested in localizing your website for South Korea, you may also find your company localizing printed documentation to be available as PDFs, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, or web applications such as online calculators or surveys. It is important that all components are correctly localized to offer a complete web experience to your potential Korean users.
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based Korean website) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven Korean web application), your localization company should have solid experience and a comprehensive process which includes at a minimum:
- Korean glossary and terminology development.
- Korean cultural correctness assessment.
- Korean translation, editing and proofreading.
- Korean localization of graphics.
- Korean online quality assurance.
- Korean usability testing and Korean localization testing.
- Client review and approval.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a “Localization Kit.” This information allows them to analyze your website and to determine its Korean localization requirements. This kit includes:
- Your current site URL.
- Summary of site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop your site.
- All files that make up your site in their original folder/file structure.
- All original graphics used in your site (artwork, background, and navigation buttons).
- All application source files (Word, FrameMaker, Quark, etc.) for any documentation available via your site.
- All application source files (Flash, Director, Authorware, etc.) for any multimedia available via your site.
© Copyright 2022 Globalization Partners International.
® All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All graphics used in this report were provided by Flikr, Google Images and other free internet resources for pictures.