Basque Technical Translation
The primary goal of Basque technical translation is to communicate specific, often complex, information with complete clarity and lack of errors and/or omissions in the Basque language.
The following are some of the critical skills that translators must possess in order to execute successful and accurate Basque technical translations:
- Complete understanding of the source technical
Basque technical translators must have a background in the field in which they are working; this can be demonstrated by possessing the appropriate education, certification, and work experience in a particular field. For especially timely and complex topics of technical translation, Basque technical translators may have to conduct independent research in order to understand the material fully.
- Proofreading and editing skills
It is important that the Basque technical translator has the ability to check the original text for inconsistencies, errors, or other issues. While proofreading the source content is not always part of the formal translation process, technical translators should recognize when there are problems with the source material; their subject-specific knowledge thereby serves as a quality control step before and during the Basque technical translation process.
- Basque-specific technical knowledge
Basque technical translators are responsible for adapting technical material for Basque-speaking regions in Spain and France. This can include altering number, currency, and date formats, adapting information for local regulations, adhering to industry standards in Basque-speaking areas, and ensuring the style is appropriate for a Basque audience.
- Terminology management skills
Utilizing translation memory tools such as Trados is one element in ensuring consistent and accurate use of terminology. However, before they are stored, the Basque translator must first determine what terms will be used; this can be a challenge when there are multiple acceptable technical translations for a term, or if a word has been newly introduced in an industry. The best translators will share information about terms in question with their project manager or the client.
For more information on Technical Translation, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Basque Language
- The Basque Writing System
- Basque Certified Translations
- Basque Document Translation
- Basque Internationalization
- Basque Localization
- Basque Medical Translations
- Basque Software Internationalization
- Basque Software Localization
- Basque Software Testing
- Basque Software Translation
- Basque Technical Translation
- Basque Technical Translations
- Basque Translation Agencies
- Basque Translation Companies
- Basque Translation Services
- Basque Translations
- Basque Translators
- Basque Website Internationalization
- Basque Website Localization
- Basque Website Testing
- Basque Website Translation