For anyone looking to do business in Africa, below are some essential facts to be aware of.
- Africa is a continent, not a country.
- There are 56 countries (recognized and de facto states) in Africa.
- Six of the ten fasted-growing countries in the world are in Africa.
- There are an estimated 2000+ African languages.
- There are four primary language families in Africa (some classify up to 7 families).
The Approximate Number of Languages and Speakers
- Afro-Asiatic: 200 languages covering Northern Africa.
- Nilo-Saharan: 140 languages with 11 million speakers throughout Central and Eastern Africa.
- Niger-Saharan: 1000 languages with some 200 million speakers.
- Khoisan: 30 languages in the western part of Southern Africa.
To learn more, please download the full eBook.
© Copyright 2023 Globalization Partners International.
® All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All graphics used in this report were provided by Flikr, Google Images and other free internet resources for pictures.