Catalan Software Localization
Catalan software localization is the process of adapting the language, appearance, and functionality of a software application for Catalan-speaking regions in Spain and France. Catalan software localization projects should be executed by experienced teams of localization professionals who work in conjunction with your software development group, ensuring that best practices for global software development are followed.
To make your software relevant for Catalan-speaking regions in Spain and France, all of its components should be localized. This includes the user interface, online help, databases, graphics, and documentation. It is important that all components are correctly localized and rigorously tested to ensure the resulting Catalan software is linguistically, culturally, cosmetically, and functionally correct.
A Catalan localization company should have solid experience and a comprehensive localization methodology, which includes at a minimum:
- Catalan localization kit review, analysis, and preparation.
- Catalan glossary and terminology development.
- Catalan cultural correctness assessment.
- Catalan translation, editing, and proofreading of the user interface, help, and documentation content.
- Catalan graphics localization, dialog resizing, and screen capturing.
- Catalan software build capability.
- Catalan online quality assurance.
- Catalan usability, localization, and functionality testing.
- Client review and approval.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Catalan Localization Kit." This information allows the localization company to analyze your software and to determine its Catalan localization requirements. The kit includes:
- All files in your development environment, specifically resource files (for example, RC, RC2, DLG, H, HH, CPP, EXE, DLL, and graphic file formats).
- All documentation source files (for example, FrameMaker or Word).
- All online help source files (for example, graphics, RTF, VBS, HTML, CNT/HHX/HHC).
- Reference material (glossaries, past translations, style guides, etc.).
- File names and types, including an explanation of each file's purpose.
- The name and version of development, documentation, and online help authoring tools.
- The location (directories/files) of any hard-coded literals which are in the user interface.
- Original files of any third-party applications/components used.
- Detailed build instructions (if applicable).
- Test plan and test scripts (if applicable).
For more information on Software Localization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Catalan Language
- The Catalan Writing System
- Catalan Certified Translations
- Catalan Document Translation
- Catalan Internationalization
- Catalan Localization
- Catalan Medical Translations
- Catalan Software Internationalization
- Catalan Software Localization
- Catalan Software Testing
- Catalan Software Translation
- Catalan Technical Translation
- Catalan Technical Translations
- Catalan Translation Agencies
- Catalan Translation Companies
- Catalan Translation Services
- Catalan Translations
- Catalan Translators
- Catalan Website Internationalization
- Catalan Website Localization
- Catalan Website Testing
- Catalan Website Translation