Catalan Website Localization
Catalan Web site localization is the process of adapting the language, appearance, and functionality of a Web site for Catalan-speaking regions in Spain and France. Catalan Web site localization projects should be executed by experienced teams of localization professionals who work in conjunction with your Web site designers, adhering to proven best practices for Web site design and development.
If you are interested in localizing your Web site for Catalan-speaking regions in Spain and France, you may also find your company localizing printed documentation to be available as pdfs, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, or Web applications such as online calculators or surveys. It is important that all components are correctly localized to offer a complete Web experience to your potential Catalan-speaking users.
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based Catalan Web site) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven Catalan Web application), your localization company should have solid experience and a comprehensive process which includes at a minimum:
- Catalan glossary and terminology development.
- Catalan cultural correctness assessment.
- Catalan translation, editing and proofreading.
- Catalan localization of graphics.
- Catalan online quality assurance.
- Catalan usability testing and Catalan localization testing.
- Client review and approval.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Localization Kit." This information allows them to analyze your Web site and to determine its Catalan localization requirements. This kit includes:
- Your current site URL.
- Summary of site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop your site.
- All files that make up your site in their original folder/file structure.
- All original graphics used in your site (artwork, background, and navigation buttons).
- All application source files (Word, FrameMaker, Quark, etc.) for any documentation available via your site.
- All application source files (Flash, Director, Authorware, etc.) for any multimedia available via your site.
For more information on Web site Localization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Catalan Language
- The Catalan Writing System
- Catalan Certified Translations
- Catalan Document Translation
- Catalan Internationalization
- Catalan Localization
- Catalan Medical Translations
- Catalan Software Internationalization
- Catalan Software Localization
- Catalan Software Testing
- Catalan Software Translation
- Catalan Technical Translation
- Catalan Technical Translations
- Catalan Translation Agencies
- Catalan Translation Companies
- Catalan Translation Services
- Catalan Translations
- Catalan Translators
- Catalan Website Internationalization
- Catalan Website Localization
- Catalan Website Testing
- Catalan Website Translation