Czech Internationalization (I18n) can be defined as the process of enabling back-end technologies to function or support Czech. Localization, on the other hand, deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Czech software application or Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and design.
Some of the reasons for internationalizing are to ensure your Czech application or Web site:
- Sorts based on Czech language rules;
- Allows the externalization of all translatable text strings (i.e., separating text from code);
- Handles the different address, time, date, and numerical formats used in Czech.
The process of Czech internationalization may include the following four steps:
- Discovery - Includes the preparation of a Czech internationalization kit and an analysis of the current internationalization readiness of the source Web site or software application.
- Assessment - Includes review and analysis of
- Source architecture and source code of Web site or software application.
- Global marketing plans and requirements.
- Design, development and build processes.
- Current I18N and localization strategies.
- Implementation - Includes the following:
- Externalizing text strings for ease of localization.
- Resolving any currency, time, date, or numbers issues.
- If necessary, enabling double-byte characters or bidirectional writing.
- Creating an I18n-friendly build methodology.
- Preparing an I18n test plan.
- Preparing a localization kit.
- Carrying out training on I18n.
- Introduction of I18n tools and any required tool training.
- Testing - Includes client-driven I18n testing,
bug reporting/fixing and regression testing.
For more information on Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Czech Language
- The Czech Writing System
- Czech Certified Translations
- Czech Document Translation
- Czech Internationalization
- Czech Localization
- Czech Medical Translations
- Czech Software Internationalization
- Czech Software Localization
- Czech Software Testing
- Czech Software Translation
- Czech Technical Translation
- Czech Technical Translations
- Czech Translation Agencies
- Czech Translation Companies
- Czech Translation Services
- Czech Translations
- Czech Translators
- Czech Website Internationalization
- Czech Website Localization
- Czech Website Testing
- Czech Website Translation