Finnish Technical Translation
The primary goal of Finnish technical translation is to communicate specific, often complex, information with complete clarity and lack of errors and/or omissions in Finnish.
The following are some of the critical skills that translators must possess in order to execute successful and accurate Finnish technical translations:
- Complete understanding of the source technical
Finnish technical translators must have a background in the field in which they are working; this can be demonstrated by possessing the appropriate education, certification, and work experience in a particular field. For especially timely and complex topics of technical translation, Finnish technical translators may have to conduct independent research in order to understand the material fully.
- Proofreading and editing skills
It is important that the Finnish technical translator has the ability to check the original text for inconsistencies, errors, or other issues. While proofreading the source content is not always part of the formal translation process, technical translators should recognize when there are problems with the source material; their subject-specific knowledge thereby serves as a quality control step before and during the Finnish technical translation process.
- Finnish-specific technical knowledge
Finnish technical translators are responsible for adapting technical material for Finland. This can include altering number, currency, and date formats, adapting information for local regulations, adhering to industry standards in Finnish-speaking areas, and ensuring the style is appropriate for a Finnish audience.
- Terminology management skills
Utilizing translation memory tools such as Trados is one element in ensuring consistent and accurate use of terminology. However, before they are stored, the Finnish translator must first determine what terms will be used; this can be a challenge when there are multiple acceptable technical translations for a term, or if a word has been newly introduced in an industry. The best translators will share information about terms in question with their project manager or the client.
For more information on Technical Translation, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Finnish Language
- The Finnish Writing System
- Finnish Certified Translations
- Finnish Document Translation
- Finnish Internationalization
- Finnish Localization
- Finnish Medical Translations
- Finnish Software Internationalization
- Finnish Software Localization
- Finnish Software Testing
- Finnish Software Translation
- Finnish Technical Translation
- Finnish Technical Translations
- Finnish Translation Agencies
- Finnish Translation Companies
- Finnish Translation Services
- Finnish Translations
- Finnish Translators
- Finnish Website Internationalization
- Finnish Website Localization
- Finnish Website Testing
- Finnish Website Translation